If you are anything like me, you dream of lounging on the beach with a great book, listening to the sound of the waves crashing, and working on that perfect sun-kissed summer look. Then, you plan that perfect beach vacation and realize you’ll be lugging 150 lbs. of crap back and forth from your hotel, trying to find toddler-friendly food and figuring out where/how everyone will sleep. It is exhausting to just think about that packing list.
Unfortunately, the perfect resort can’t change most of that, but it can make your family vacation pretty close to perfect. The Carousel Resort Hotel and Condominiums in Ocean City, MD is a great option for your family to have fun in and out of the sun. We went in mid-September, and it was a perfect time. It wasn’t too hot, so we could get out and enjoy the beach without melting. The beaches aren’t as crowded, and the hotel is a bit quieter too. It is almost as if the resort was built with toddlers in mind. There are indoor and outdoor pools, beautiful play structures, direct beach access (chair and umbrella rental available), a restaurant with a kid’s menu and an ocean view, and lots of food and fun within walking distance. My Littles weren’t ready to test it out just yet, but there is also an indoor skating rink good for lots of fun people watching.
Nap times are a breeze. You can leave your oceanfront balcony door cracked open, while you sip a cold drink and enjoy the view. Speaking of sleep, here are a few details regarding the resort’s extra bed/crib policy:
Children and Extra Beds
- All children are welcome.
- Up to two children under 18 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
- Any additional older children or adults are charged USD 10 per person per night when using existing beds.
- One older child or adult is charged USD 15 per person per night in an extra bed.
- One child under 3 years stays free of charge in a crib.
- The maximum number of extra beds/cribs in a room is 1.
- Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Last summer, we trekked to the beach with two toddlers and a newborn, so we ended up using Coldwell Banker Vacations to book our mini-week (Monday-Friday) in one of the condominiums. This is a great option if you need a full kitchen and extra sleeping space.
I’d love to hear more about your trip to Ocean City, MD. Join me on Facebook to share photos and stories. Did you stay at a toddler-friendly, oceanfront hotel this summer?