If you are anything like me, you’ve spent a lot of money on skin care products in a desperate search for the holy grail. I have tried it all, the $10 creams, the $100 cleansers, and the pricey salon facials. All I can say is this DIY Dandelion Coconut Oil Moisturizer is the best.
I’m 38, and my mom is 73, and we’ve both seen incredible results after using this lotion for less than a week.
This concoction goes above and beyond. I’ve used it as a makeup remover, body oil and facial moisturizer. I also use it as an all-over body lotion for my kids. They have incredibly sensitive and dry skin. Again, this stuff works miracles.
- Freshly picked dandelions, rinsed and dried on a towel
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- Essential oil of choice (I use Rose or Lavender)
- Optional: Fresh lavender
- Fill glass bottle or container with dandelions (and lavender, if you’re adding it in)
- Cover flowers with melted coconut oil
- Add 30 drops of essential oil
- Place in a saucepan filled halfway with water
- Simmer over medium heat for 2 hours
- Let cool (not too long or it will thicken)
- Pour through cheesecloth and squeeze out the remaining oil
- Let the mixture sit overnight
- Spoon the thickened mixture into a mixing bowl and mix on high for 5 minutes until the mixture forms a creamy lotion